Thursday 10 February 2011

zadie smith: white teeth

A book I finished reading a while back, although one which I will be adding to my book collection (yes, I am a regular user of the library, and proud!)

It popped up in my life again after I found the television adaptation on 4OD, so I'm currently going through the episodes which are, incredibly, the best adaptation of a book I've probably ever seen (some serious credit due to Simon Burke, as the book's complex twists and turns have somehow managed to be beautifully condensed into less than four hours of film).

If you're a 70's, 80's or 90's child then you're gonna love it. Or even if you're in it just to see a young John Simm, James McAvoy and Russel Brand...

Normally I'd say watch the film/television version first, then read the book to avoid disappointment, but I don't think that's necessary.

I've got to admit, I aspire to be able to write like Zadie Smith. One day, maybe.
Watch the television adaptation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment