Monday 14 March 2011

dancing in my birthday suit...

Happily turned eighteen this week, and what a week it's been. Forget the sixth form and the work for a minute, (I neatly tucked them away on the back burner this past weekend) as I got out and had some fun (albeit sober fun, but fun all the same).

Muscially speaking, it was a brilliant week too. I received Arcade Fire's The Suburbs, was bought The Maccabees' Wall of Arms and also was leant Neon Bible. (I know, all things I should already own, it's true. Well, I do now!)

Plus on top of that, a few gigs coming up, all of which were funded on borrowed and now birthday money: next week, it's Kate Nash, then Lucy Rose in April and Arcade Fire, Mumford & Sons, The Vaccines and Beirut in June. Roll. On. This. Summer.

Just a snippet of how beautiful my music life is right now, whilst I watch everything else go to pot.
That's the fun of being a student, right? Right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment