Tuesday 8 January 2013

Liebster Award

The lovely Yasmin of YW Beauty has nominated Bonjour Mademoiselle for the Liebster Award (meaning "Dearest" or "Favourite" in German, which is nice).

I completely love the concept - little things that deserve to be big is very akin to the idea behind it - so I'm going to take part in the little tasks a winner of the award must do:

1. Link back to the blogger who nominated me
2. Write 11 random facts about myself
3. Answer the 11 questions set for me
4. Write 11 questions for my nominees, all of which must have under 200 followers.

Jump across with me to read all of the above, and find out who my nominees are...
11 Random Facts
  1. I'm going to Paris this summer for a year!
  2. I once had a glove stolen from me by a swan
  3. My name (Besma) means "smile" in Arabic
  4. I'm a Pisces, but I don't believe in star signs
  5. I am very much addicted to Skyrim: The Elder Scrolls
  6. I've written two half-finished novels
  7. I started going to gigs when I was 17
  8. The only bone I've broken in my body is my left thumb
  9. A boy hid in my wheely-bin once. (Not a euphemism!)
  10. Last term I learnt self-defence, so watch out baddies
  11. I take the worst self photos

11 Questions for Me
  1. What was the worst hairstyle you've ever had? Oh god. I had a terrible bob-style haircut just before I left school, and it grew out to be mushroom shaped.
  2. If you could, which celebrity would you be for a day? Carey Mulligan without a doubt! She's an amazing actress, has great style and is married to Marcus Mumford. What more could you want?!
  3. Heels or flats? Flats, I wear my Chelsea boots too much to be disloyal to them. And I stumble in heels far too much.
  4. What is your favourite blog? Ooh that's hard. I'm very much addicted to What Olivia Did, but also a great study break blog that I love is Devoureth.
  5. What would you do if you were invisible? I'd sell my story to the papers and then sit in my pile of money and cry invisible tears...
  6. What are your pet hates? People talking to me with my headphones on, and then getting annoyed when I take them off and ask them to repeat the question, grr!
  7. What would be your dream job? To run my own magazine, a cute one with actual relevant advice and articles about undiscovered things for people to discover. That's the dream!
  8. What is your favourite clothes shop? ASOS, if that counts as a shop?
  9. If you could see any band live, which one would you choose? That's a toughie. There's a few on my list I have yet to tick off, so I'd probably be stuck between The Kinks or The Doors, because I can't quite go back in time to really see them.
  10. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? That'd be awful! Spaghetti Bolognese is my dead-set favourite, so I guess it's gotta be that.
  11. What is your favourite thing about yourself? Physically or mentally? Mentally, I'd say my imagination. It's always wondering and daydreaming. Physically, I like my eyes.

11 Questions for My Nominees
  1. If you could be any film character for real, who would you be?
  2. Favourite artist/piece of art?
  3. Best band you have seen live?
  4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
  5. Favourite author/writer/poet?
  6. If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
  7. Do you have a phobia of anything?
  8. Do you still get Deja Vu?
  9. Biggest guy crush?
  10. Biggest girl crush?
  11. Gold or silver jewellery?

My Nominees
These three blogs I really love to read (note to self, make a blogroll on here) - and all of which have under 200 followers! So go have a read, and I hope they appreciate my nomination:
  1. Wrapped Up in Rainbows
  2. Et tu, tutu?
  3. Always Drink Tea

- Love, Besma x

4 comments:

  1. Oooh I love Carey Mulligan and my Chelsea boots as well! And Asos= the most wonderful place<3

    Greta xoxo
    laviedegreta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award sweetie :)
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC, Twitter and bloglovin?
    Let me know :)

    Kisses!

    http://gagcloud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! This totally made my day. :) I'm bogged down with homework right now but once I get a spare moment I'll do a post on this. Thanks again, pretty lady! <3

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, this has definitely made my night! <3 I'm going to do a post on this tomorrow, exciting! :) 'A boy hid in my wheely-bin once.' is now my new favourite euphemism, haha xo

    - Kirsty

    ReplyDelete