Zissou fever is catching. I must invest in a red hat some time! Or, at least, a little Team Zissou ring. Oh that would be a great idea, I bet someone's Etsy'd that already. In the meantime, here's a few incredibly artistic tributes to the amazing film that is The Life Aquatic. Wes Anderson, you god.
Saturday, 23 February 2013
- I was given my first ever romantic bouquet of flowers; some beautiful chrysanthemums that faded from purple to yellow. They were the closest thing to a bouquet of daisies, my favourites!
- On my daily walk to University, a man randomly stopped me, shook my hand and said he hoped I had a good day. I'm not sure why, but it certainly did keep me smiling. Random acts of kindness are very, very lovely!
- I won some #MarsTweetShop Pedigree Dentastix... their promotional vending machine was a great PR stunt, even if I couldn't eat my prize.
- Feeling a bit peaky, I watched the wondrous The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, and as such cemented my love for Wes Anderson and all his films, whilst also encouraging me to give Owen Wilson more credit than I normally do.
- I also found my old wooden watercolour set - time to experiment with some painting!
I will let you know how it goes, and what a get up to over the next week soon enough!
- Besma x
Wednesday, 20 February 2013
Children of April, be sure to put this on your birthday wish lists! Along with this whiskered wonder of a video, Sweet Baboo is soon to be releasing a whole array of wonders in the form of his latest album, Ships (to be pronounced "Chips") out on 22nd April, and a UK-wide tour! Could we possibly ask for more from the lovely bumbling Welshman?
Sunday, 10 February 2013
Thursday, 7 February 2013
With the gap growing between childhood and how old I am now, it's still a wonder that Disney can put together even the shortest of shorts that pull at my heartstrings and make my eyes grow wide with wonder. But, of course, that's the magic of Disney.
Give yourself six and a half minutes with Paperman, a love story set in a time before technology, where sending paper planes across the street was a novel and charming way to get hold of that cute girl you met at the train station, rather than the incessant virtual paper planes buzzing on mobile phones and pinging on personal computers. Sometimes, I really do believe the days before technology were ones worth growing up in - and clearly, so does Disney too.
Monday, 4 February 2013
I've featured Rae Morris on here a number of times now but I can't quite contain my excitement every time she releases something new. A little while ago (sorry I've been very, very busy) she announced that her newest EP will be coming out on 10th March (for those of you who know me well... put two and two together?) and along with that, her latest single. "From Above" is again a beautiful, beautiful piece of music but it also shows just how far she's come, getting closer to a full-band, studio-recording sound. And she really deserves all the love and recognition she gets.