Monday 3 June 2013

The Case of the Mysterious Cupcakes

It's been a funny old month - revision periods always are. How unnatural, filling the mind of one subject, only to tip it out in pages of exam scrawl, and then repeat. The relief to finish my second year exams was dizzying, and I've really had a ball enjoying myself - going out pretty much every night since.

The one thing I wasn't expecting however, after riding the rollercoaster of emotions over the last few weeks, was the 6 mysterious cupcakes that turned up on my doorstep this morning, hand delivered by the wonderful Frost & Snow Bakery.

At first I thought it was a joke from my boyfriend, or even just one of my friends who was waving me a farewell before I move to Paris (by the end of this week I'll be there!). But so far, nobody's come forward!

As for the cakes themselves, they're gorgeously soft and smothered in buttercream, with the only clue being the strange "6" - or as has now been pointed out to me, "b" - decorating each of them.

The box itself was sent to "Bonjour Mademoiselle", which shows it's in connection to the blog but I'm still completely clueless! I'm sorry, strange cupcake sender, but I really don't know who you are or if I deserve these delicious gifts!

... What I'm trying to say is, let me know who you are so I can properly say thank you, and also let me know what the "b" / "6" stands for? This just gets curiouser and curiouser...

To everyone else, if I don't wake up tomorrow, call the police. I've been poisoned by cupcakes!

UPDATE:
After some cyber-sleuthing (thank you to whoever runs Frost & Snow's twitter!) it turns out Westfield Merry Hill were the mysterious senders - but there's still no clue as to what the 6 (confirmed as a 6) represents! The mystery continues!

2 comments:

  1. Mackenzie Field5 June 2013 at 19:58

    Best of luck on your move! So glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mackenzie! The move's been slightly rough so far (see my latest blog) but I think it'll get better! x

    ReplyDelete